News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

TV Shows, and other visual Media (YouTube)

Started by GreatBigAbyss, Sep 04, 2026, 11:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreatBigAbyss

So, my spouse and I watched the first episode of The Grand Tour (Redux) with the guys from Throttle House, and Francis Bourgeois. 

I was pretty impressed.  I thought it was really well done, and the hosts had pretty good chemistry. 

Importantly, my spouse liked it.  She's not a massive car person, but like many other females, she liked the Clarkson/Hammond/May trio for their banter, and we watched all their shows together, from Top Gear to The Grand Tour. 

Luckily, this new trio had enough of that to entertain her, and make her laugh. 

I'm really looking forward to watching the rest of the series, and seeing what they come up with in future seasons. 

Also, after the OG Trio left Top Gear, I wasn't a big fan of any of the hosts who replaced them, I didn't really continue watching them, and didn't really care when Top Gear was eventually cancelled. 

Perhaps it's because I'm already a fan of Throttle House, and I 'know' Thomas and James as presenters, that I'm more accepting of this new show?

Johnnymac

I'm glad to here they have done a good job.  I tend to think they need to carve out a bit of their own identity and not just try to replicate what Clarkson and crew had back in the day, and honestly the Throttle House guys seem to already have a decent foundation of entertainment to build off of.

I'll have to check out the new show this weekend and see if maybe I'll have a car show back in my life.
Past vehicles, 2016 VW Golf R, 2020 VW GLI, 2022 Honda Civic Si

Current vehicle, 2024 Acura Integra Type S, 2022 Mazda MX-5 RF GT (manual)

Tortoise

I just caught the first half of episode 1. I enjoyed it, I thought it was a little slow but I suspect they will find their footing.

GreatBigAbyss


RRocket


Blueprint

The Neil Peart documentary on CBC (and CBC Gem) is phenomal and a must-see for Rush and all music fans.

Current rides: 2024 Mazda CX-90 PHEV GS-L, 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, 1975 Triumph TR6 Teabagger Express

Fobroader

Ohhh, thank you, I had heard of that but kind of forgot about it because I loved Beyond the Lighted Stage.
2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys 300X, 2007 Artic Cat H1

Blueprint

Quote from: Fobroader on Today at 12:30 PMOhhh, thank you, I had heard of that but kind of forgot about it because I loved Beyond the Lighted Stage.

I need to find that one too, filmed when Neil was around.

From what I read, Alex and Geddy did the new documentary to honour their fallen buddy, and the film sparked the idea of the current tour. It was pre-Anika, which explains her absence (plus - she did not know Neil personally). Watching the doc bit by bit on my pvr, wife has low Rush tolerance (as is the case for 99% of women  ;D )
Current rides: 2024 Mazda CX-90 PHEV GS-L, 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, 1975 Triumph TR6 Teabagger Express