News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Vacation Thread

Started by Gurgie, Feb 16, 2026, 01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliver

I'm off to South America on October 31. Should be a really interesting trip as I'm going with my dad and two brothers. My dad is from Uruguay and all of our trips there have been heavy on family visits and this one is going to be a bit different as we'll get a chance to see more stuff rather than just staying with family in small villages. This will also be the first time the four of us are traveling together since we were kids. I think the last time I was in Uruguay was in 2017 or 2018 so it's been a bit.

Here's the itinerary:
- Fly to Buenos Aires where we will spend four nights
- Take the ferry across to Colonia del Sacramento, rent a car, drive to Montevideo (about two hours away) where we will stay for two nights
- Backtrack a bit to spend the weekend in Colonia Delta where my dad grew up, staying with my aunt and uncle.
- Go east of Montevideo to Punta Colorado for three nights. This is the coastline with resort towns that are popular with Brazilian tourists and where my grandparents used to vacation as well.
- Head across the country to Colonia Gartental to stay with another aunt and uncle for two nights.
- Spend our last night in Colonia del Sacramento before taking the ferry back to Buenos Aires to fly home.

Also have a vacation planned for next summer already, only because we had some Air Canada credits that were expiring. We're flying into Vienna and out of Dubrovnik (which is a new destination for AC) and also plan to spend a few days in Montenegro.

Blizzard

#91
Just booked my flight to Florida for the holidays. I'll be leaving on December 23 and coming back on January 11. It's expensive to fly especially on the 23rd, but in my line of work it's the only time in winter where I can take time off work and have a real vacation without logging on every day.

I hate Christmas so the timing works, I'll be staying at my family's place and they'll cook a nice dinner but nothing more. Hoping for nice weather!
2022 Chevrolet Bolt EUV Premier, 2024 Toyota bZ4X XLE Tech

Gurgie

Quote from: Oliver on Oct 07, 2026, 12:45 PMI'm off to South America on October 31. Should be a really interesting trip as I'm going with my dad and two brothers. My dad is from Uruguay and all of our trips there have been heavy on family visits and this one is going to be a bit different as we'll get a chance to see more stuff rather than just staying with family in small villages. This will also be the first time the four of us are traveling together since we were kids. I think the last time I was in Uruguay was in 2017 or 2018 so it's been a bit.

Here's the itinerary:
- Fly to Buenos Aires where we will spend four nights
- Take the ferry across to Colonia del Sacramento, rent a car, drive to Montevideo (about two hours away) where we will stay for two nights
- Backtrack a bit to spend the weekend in Colonia Delta where my dad grew up, staying with my aunt and uncle.
- Go east of Montevideo to Punta Colorado for three nights. This is the coastline with resort towns that are popular with Brazilian tourists and where my grandparents used to vacation as well.
- Head across the country to Colonia Gartental to stay with another aunt and uncle for two nights.
- Spend our last night in Colonia del Sacramento before taking the ferry back to Buenos Aires to fly home.

Also have a vacation planned for next summer already, only because we had some Air Canada credits that were expiring. We're flying into Vienna and out of Dubrovnik (which is a new destination for AC) and also plan to spend a few days in Montenegro.

Sounds like a fantastic trip, looking forward to some pictures of the adventures.
Current rides - 2025 Mazda CX-70 GT-P, 2006 Porsche 911