News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Level 2...finally.

Started by RRocket, Feb 12, 2026, 11:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RRocket

Quote from: dkazzed on Oct 09, 2026, 01:04 PM
Quote from: RRocket on Oct 08, 2026, 08:15 PM
Quote from: dkazzed on Oct 06, 2026, 04:15 PMI may be switching to SWTCH. I feel like I made excuses to stay with Grizzl-E long enough.

What happened?

You won't be surprised but the owner and the way he runs the company just comes off as sleazy. I've never been a fan of his PR but looked the other way for a quality made in Canada charger with a quality app and monthly payouts even if they are low. I like their investment into Canadian manufacturing but I'd be surprised if it was running at this point.

I don't have any confidence that any of the terms and conditions I initially agreed to are still valid. They're also "offering" for us to buy out their charger, but at full retail price ($695) with zero credits and it's still locked to their rebate system. Some people think it's because of the high rate of other program participants abandoning the program and United Charger does not have the capacity to ask people for their chargers back. Some people think the federal government is working to close the loophole that allows this system to exist.

I may hang on to their charger anyway and use it at the bare minimum required to stay in the program, it's still a fantastic portable charger with a plethora of options.

SWTCH has a charger for a $300 deposit refundable after 1,500 kWh, the payout rate is 3 cents for that first 1,500 kWh then 11 cents after that, with an automatic payout every $100. We would have been at $364 this year, with 3 payouts and $36 away from a 4th. We're at $128 earned with Grizzl-E so far, $96 withdrawn, I'm sitting on $32 for some reason.

I'm up to $600 in rebate for the year.

And from Thanksgiving until the end of the year, I'll be earning 16 cents per kWh.