2026 Toyota Prius PHEV XSE Nightshade

Started by Blueprint, Jun 16, 2026, 08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueprint

Quote from: GreatBigAbyss on Today at 09:32 AM
Quote from: Blueprint on Today at 09:28 AM
Quote from: GreatBigAbyss on Today at 08:59 AM^^^ It will probably be around the same, to be honest.  But highways aren't really where Prii shine.  Cities and stop/go traffic and lower speeds are more their jam.  In pure hybrid mode, I can get 3.8L/100 km without trying too hard in pure urban driving. 

Over a weekly use of 300-400 km, I got 0.0 L/100 km with the PHEV. Never had to roam beyond range limits before charging at home.

Assuming a road test, wouldn't it have made sense to switch it to hybrid mode for a few trips so you could get an idea of what it is like driving?  My Prime drives quite a bit different in hybrid mode than it does in EV mode. 

I did that last year, playing with all engine modes, so this year I aimed the story at running the car like an EV with a 72 km range - and it worked! When I get a repeat assignment, I try to twist the review towards other aspects of living with the car.
Current rides: 2024 Mazda CX-90 PHEV GS-L, 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, 1975 Triumph TR6 Teabagger Express

GreatBigAbyss

#31
Quote from: Blueprint on Today at 01:45 PM
Quote from: GreatBigAbyss on Today at 09:32 AM
Quote from: Blueprint on Today at 09:28 AM
Quote from: GreatBigAbyss on Today at 08:59 AM^^^ It will probably be around the same, to be honest.  But highways aren't really where Prii shine.  Cities and stop/go traffic and lower speeds are more their jam.  In pure hybrid mode, I can get 3.8L/100 km without trying too hard in pure urban driving. 


Over a weekly use of 300-400 km, I got 0.0 L/100 km with the PHEV. Never had to roam beyond range limits before charging at home.

Assuming a road test, wouldn't it have made sense to switch it to hybrid mode for a few trips so you could get an idea of what it is like driving?  My Prime drives quite a bit different in hybrid mode than it does in EV mode. 

I did that last year, playing with all engine modes, so this year I aimed the story at running the car like an EV with a 72 km range - and it worked! When I get a repeat assignment, I try to twist the review towards other aspects of living with the car.


Ahh, I see now.  Well, it certainly is a good use case for a PHEV.

Blueprint

Quote from: GreatBigAbyss on Today at 02:32 PM
Quote from: Blueprint on Today at 01:45 PM
Quote from: GreatBigAbyss on Today at 09:32 AM
Quote from: Blueprint on Today at 09:28 AM
Quote from: GreatBigAbyss on Today at 08:59 AM^^^ It will probably be around the same, to be honest.  But highways aren't really where Prii shine.  Cities and stop/go traffic and lower speeds are more their jam.  In pure hybrid mode, I can get 3.8L/100 km without trying too hard in pure urban driving. 

Ahh, I see now.  Well, it certainly is a good use case for a PHEV.

Over a weekly use of 300-400 km, I got 0.0 L/100 km with the PHEV. Never had to roam beyond range limits before charging at home.

Assuming a road test, wouldn't it have made sense to switch it to hybrid mode for a few trips so you could get an idea of what it is like driving?  My Prime drives quite a bit different in hybrid mode than it does in EV mode. 

I did that last year, playing with all engine modes, so this year I aimed the story at running the car like an EV with a 72 km range - and it worked! When I get a repeat assignment, I try to twist the review towards other aspects of living with the car.

Your reply got nested in a great big abyss of nested replies  ;D
Current rides: 2024 Mazda CX-90 PHEV GS-L, 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, 1975 Triumph TR6 Teabagger Express