News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Rant about auto parts suppliers

Started by blur911, Today at 08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blur911

I ordered a wheel bearing, oil filter, and axle nut for my Honda from Partsavatar.ca, they've sat on the order for a week and haven't shipped it.  I ask and they can't give a date for it to  be shipped and can't cancel the order.  So I told them I'd inform as many customers as I can of their policy.   (they've been good so far, dunno is up with this order)

So, I go to Autopartsway.ca to see what they have and shipping times.  At checkout they now ask for a tip!  A freaking tip on an online order...I didn't order from them either.

Bridgecity

That's ridiculous (both accounts). 

I'm finding I'm buying more parts locally these days, with the odd order from Rockauto.  Shipping on some items can sometimes negate any savings from Rockauto.  I guess the same can be said for the Canadian suppliers also.
2026 Tundra, 2022 MDX