News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Started by Firm, Jan 05, 2025, 01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firm

Gave the XKR what's become an annual deep cleaning and detail to prepare for 'euro fest' this weekend, the only worthwhile European focused car show the area. Did the same on the Blue MGB as well, only neglected to get a photo since I lost daylight. Weather looks great (30C, no rain) so I am looking forward to a good show this year.

Current Fleet: 78 MGB, 81 380SL, 84 Camaro, 85 Trans Am, 96 Firebird, 96 Firebird Formula, 00 GMC Sonoma, 03 SLK320, 04 Maserati Spyder, 06 Escalade, 07 DTS, 10 XKR

Tortoise

A while ago I scored some OEM crossbars on FB marketplace, I finally got around to installing them. The internet says they are quiet and don't impact fuel economy, we will see tomorrow when I finally get it out on the highway. I think it adds to the looks.



Yesterday was Golf appreciation say. I took care of 9 years of rail dust. I really should have got to it earlier, but just didn't make the time. I used the Sonax Fallout Cleaner. It worked great. At first I thought I liked the smell, but I was sick of it by the time I was done.

Before:


During:


After:


Side Note: the Golf STILL isn't fixed. The dealership would not repair it under warranty since it was damaged by the previous shop. I get it, but I was annoyed because the advisor said they would. The shop has ordered the sensors and they were supposed to be in last week. Hopefully it'll get done this week, I'm very much over this.