autobanter.ca

The Study => Moan and Whine => Topic started by: blur911 on Sep 29, 2026, 08:13 AM

Title: Rant about auto parts suppliers
Post by: blur911 on Sep 29, 2026, 08:13 AM
I ordered a wheel bearing, oil filter, and axle nut for my Honda from Partsavatar.ca, they've sat on the order for a week and haven't shipped it.  I ask and they can't give a date for it to  be shipped and can't cancel the order.  So I told them I'd inform as many customers as I can of their policy.   (they've been good so far, dunno is up with this order)

So, I go to Autopartsway.ca to see what they have and shipping times.  At checkout they now ask for a tip!  A freaking tip on an online order...I didn't order from them either.
Title: Re: Rant about auto parts suppliers
Post by: Bridgecity on Sep 29, 2026, 11:07 AM
That's ridiculous (both accounts). 

I'm finding I'm buying more parts locally these days, with the odd order from Rockauto.  Shipping on some items can sometimes negate any savings from Rockauto.  I guess the same can be said for the Canadian suppliers also.